Thursday, August 28, 2008

Where the heart is Part 3

Okay on with the Wellington Saga! At this point in our tale I have been living in Wellington for 2 months and some change. I changed my plane ticket home and decided to see where my relationships would take me! Well, lots happened! First and most importantly at the time, HA decided to move to the South Island! Yes, I am thinking I am in love and enjoying learning so many interesting things about his life in Argentina and his family when his roommate makes the decision for both of them (they have an online business together as well) that they have to leave Wellington for a place 10 hours away! Wow! However, I now am the crazy American girl in Wellington and have decided I am young, free and should be enjoying all the beauty around me (especially if they were tall, dark and Maori :).
I decided to go out every night and be a free spirit. It was AWESOME! Sadly this is when CC #1's time was also coming to an end. So Scottish and I gave her a big send off (so big she missed her bus the next day and had to leave a day later than planned) and consoled ourselves with more dancing! I felt like ME again. Fun, loud, and dancing so hard that my perfectly straight hair ended up drenched and curly by the end of the night! Scottish and I had some really INSANE nights that are in Legend books somewhere! One of these nights was a good bye party for our long time Brazilian friend who was heading home! He was a really important part of my Wellington experience and who helped me loads in understanding South American culture. The night of his going away party was purely the stuff of legends (and some was unfortunately caught on camera....) and ushered in the next part of my Wellington life.........

No comments: