Thursday, August 28, 2008

Where the Heart is Part 4

Okay, I know the Wellington posts are long but I lived there for almost 5 months and crammed alot of experiences in those months (not all of which are fit to print :) So, the new phase of my life in Wellington.....that's right, a new guy! You'd think I would learn from first experience and keep things casual and try not to get hung up again. After all, the first thing you learn as a traveller is that you will have to say goodbye to people over and over again! Getting too involved guarantees a broken heart. Still, what is the saying? "It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved?" Or something of that nature. Anyways, farewell party for my Brazilian Buddy included a new guy in my life that I had seen around and admired from a distance. That night changed everything!
Found out he (who will be referred to as HI for hot Indian from now on) was hilarious and a GREAT dancer. Now if you know me at all then you know what this means. If you don't let me explain! Dancing is my ABSOLUTE favorite thing to do in this world (and I am putting it in front of that other thing that everyone says is the best thing in the world)! Guys I like don't have to be great dancers, but if they are..........whhhhhoooooaaaaaa buddy! Instant adoration! Well, let's just say that HI has awesome dance skills! He was smooth, fun and had as much energy as me. Then I learned after the third club of the night he was also SEXY on the dance floor! Well, that did it. I was hooked. HA was forgotten (mind you it had been a week and a Maori since HA left for the South) and long live my love of HI!
We ended getting up to all kind of shenanigans that night and like I said, some were caught on camera! It was an insane night for everyone and will long go down in infamy! The highlight and what made me and HI laugh until our bellies hurt was that Scottish managed to ruin not one but two dresses that night with all the trouble she got into!! After that our relationship was cemented! Our reputations were so similar (no one could ever keep up with us) that it seemed natural for us to start spending all our time together.
It was hot, bright and passionate. But like so many things of that nature, also destined to burn out fast! We had two months of craziness and joy! However, both of us were living in a foreign country with completely different cultural backgrounds and almost opposite world views. Thus it ended but not without some great memories and even better stories to tell ;)
I don't know what I would have done without Scottish during this time. She was there through it all!! She also made me remember the free me again and made me fall in love with Wellington's beauty again (if you haven't realized it by now, Wellington's beauty is guys, hot guys from all over the world). So, I still partied along side HI and had a relationship with him but now there was HB (Hot Brazilian), HE (Hot English) and HC (Hot Chilean) to distract me and remind why I enjoy being me :) Not to mention all the glorious other random hotties in the clubs that danced oh so well and kissed even better ;) I LOVE WELLINGTON!!!! But 'therapy' (as Scottish called HB, HE and HC) didn't work completely and I still was hung up on HI! So, new Englishgirl convinced me to go to the South Island to clear my head and see what everyone was raving about and what I meant to see all those months ago!! Later, I will write about the South Island.....and I promise it will be more limited on the guy front and include more actual beauty (such as mountains, glaciers, fiordlands, and okay, lets face it, a couple more guys).

No comments: